Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Our Story

About Us:
(Our junior year, 2009)

We go clear back to 5th grade, and the day that he "broke up" with me after "going out" for almost a whole week. It was tragic. Both of us were born and raised in the Blackfoot/Snake River, Idaho area. We always had run ins here and there with mutual friends but nothing very spectacular. We never actually talked very much, until Presidents Day weekend in 2009 (our sophomore year). Shortly after we began going out. He drove a little Red "power" Ranger and I was currently in between friends. I couldn't tell you what it was about him, but I liked him a lot. Thinking back on it, we were so random and it's a little bit mind blowing that we are actually married now. It could have been his sarcastic comments, the way he did what he wanted without a single care, or the way he would smile a little shyly towards me. He still does those things. He caught me off guard when he would stop in the road and ask me to dance, get me a trophy for performing in Cats the play, or take me out in a row boat in the middle of Ridleys parking lot after a huge rain storm. He always keeps me on my toes. But he did one other thing that I will be forever grateful for. My first year of college didn't treat me so well. I was in a hole and a little bit lost. He brought me back to church. It was slow and a little bit scary for me. It seemed to fill the hole I was in. He kept pushing me to do the things in which I needed and eventually talked me into applying to BYU-Idaho. I thought he was crazy and that it was a long shot. Taking into consideration that I never took seminary, wasn't active in church since I was much younger, and never even really knew BYU-I existed. I thought my chances were slim but I applied anyways. I heard back a week later with an acceptance letter, and suddenly I was surprised and had a little more direction then I had before. I felt comfort and blessed to be able to "start over" at a new school. Sure, there is a lot of detail in the span of almost 5 years, but I try to keep it short and sweet. Dakota and I only became closer after that. Followed by The Proposal on December 4, 2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment