Monday, May 19, 2014

The Proposal

In December of 2013 I went on vacation with Dakota and his family to the Oregon Coast. I LOVE the coast there. I LOVE that you can be on the beach and turn around to thick mountains of pine trees. Its just my style. We drove for 12 hours and we finally got there! His family rented a house right on Lincoln Beach, which was beautiful. The next day we did some sight seeing along the coast and such and I took some of Dakotas family pictures on the beach. The weather was chilly but sunny and clear. We thought it would probably rain and be foggy the whole time so we felt pretty lucky. Dakota had been teasing me for a few weeks prior about rings and little comments here and there about being married but never about what when or where. Imagine that from Dakota! We all went to Taco Bell for lunch and of course Dakota shows me one of the hot sauce packs that says "Will you marry me". I laughed and told Dakota to stop embarrassing me in front of everyone. Little did I know I was the only one not in on the secret. Later we got back to the house and everyone wanted to go out and walk around on the beach before the sun went down. We went to the beach and Dakota talks me into giving my camera to Annie (his sister) so she can take a picture of us. He started leading me away from her instead. I'm thinking hello Dakota Annie is over here. We get to a spot and I look down and there is something sticking out of the sand. He tells me to look to see what it is. I pull it out and it is a big green bottle with paper and a baby rose in it. I got the paper out of it and it read: Roses are red, Violets are blue, I have a big question for you. I looked up from the paper and Dakota was down on one knee and he pulled a little treasure chest out of his pocket and opened it. It had the ring inside and I was just bawling of course. All of his family was around us taking pictures and watching us. This was all happening while the sun was starting to set. I don't think I could have asked it to be any other way. It was a dream come true! We plan on making it back to Oregon soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment