Monday, September 15, 2014

Fall-la-la-la...Fallelujah!


 I'm officially that person. I'm the person that gets REALLY excited about fall time. Some see it as the milestone next to cold, dark, winters. Well...I enjoy winter as well. Call me crazy! I feel like this post could turn into something like "Oprah's Favorite Things". It's fine...

  • Fall Scents
Mahogany Teakwood, Leaves, Sweet Cinnamon Pumpkin, Farmstand Apple, Sandalwood Vanilla, Autumn Sky, and Tailgate... You get the idea. Some of the best memories of this time of year have a sweet scent that follow along with it. I can vividly remember lazy Saturday mornings and afternoons as my mom would motivate me to clean something or anything in the house. The day was filled with the smell of Windex, furniture cleaner, and a fall scented candle. I would follow up my Saturday cleaning with any plans of getting out of the house with my friends to cause any kind of trouble throughout Snake River. Those were my favorite days...


  • Fall Fashion

Layers!...Fall seems to be the only season I can actually layer my cute clothes without having to cover them up with my coat. It's not too hot and it's not too cold. Boots come out of the closet and those cute jackets you have been stowing away since April are finally being put to use again. Boot socks and button ups are paired perfectly together. Light knit sweaters and your favorite denim begin to surface to your dresser drawers. And for all you girls that are all about comfort...patterned legging are begin to become acceptable to wear as pants again. Clearly this is why I work in retail...


  • Concert Season

If your passionate about music as I am, you have noticed that your favorite bands are starting to tour the western states and releasing new albums with handfuls of new songs to download. Its the time of year to plan your trips to Salt Lake and Boise in hopes that your favorite rock star will make eye contact with you. I'm merely only mocking myself. I am all about it. I love live music. My fall playlist is full of a little bit of everything. Your favorite artists are about to hibernate for winter so they are getting their work onto iTunes before they do so. In case you didn't know, Itunes updates every week around 11PM on Mondays. I nearly stalk Itunes this time of year. I'm only in the works of building my "Snow Jams" playlist for skiing.


  • Colors

There is something about the leaves changing colors that is magical and refreshing. I tend to get the urges of hunting down these trees and taking pictures of their colorful leaves and shedding branches. I'm sure you will get to see these photos as the time comes near. The sunsets seem to linger a little longer and the sky becomes hazy with smoke as summer fires hopefully come to a close.


  • Weather

I'm not a hot weather creature... I enjoy the crisp dry air this time of year. I couldn't tell you what it is but something changes the air. I'm not crazy, Dakota agrees with me. The slight chill in the day reminds you that snow will be here before you know it. It is still sunny outside but you will not scorch your feet if you walk to your mailbox in bare feet. Regardless of the amount of rain we have gotten this year, it has been pleasant.


  • General Conference

Let me let you in about a secret about me...I never had actually listened to General Conference or realized what this great thing was all about until later in my high school years. However I have been to conference a few times since and I have loved it. I think that living only three hours from the LDS church headquarters and conference center is a blessing. The time of year is such a great time to regroup and take notes on the things that we find we need to work on. We look towards these leaders to give us the guidance that we may seek. I may not write about my LDS beliefs often, but I do love conference and the spirit it brings into homes around the world.

There you have it...Jayme's Favorite Fall Things. My mind and heart are so full of the best of times I have had in the autumn. The friends that I made and the trouble we couldn't seem to avoid. I figure this is a great time to include some of my favorite fall pictures! I love these days of reminisce and the great people that fill my memories.
(Here's to the "awkward years" and better times, in no particular order.)










































No comments:

Post a Comment