Saturday, April 9, 2016

One of the Lucky Ones

What can I say? 5 short years have gone by since our high school graduation and I am truly amazed. In four of those years you have accomplished what at first, seemed inpossible. You are one of the lucky ones. The thing is though, you only had a dash of luck mixed with your dedication, hard work, strength, and knowledge. Those early mornings and late nights sure did pay off though. You stood your ground many times a week as I would consistently come bother you in the back office. Most weeks you weren't just pushing papers for school, but busting through 40+ hour weeks at work. If someone asked me how you did it, or what your trick was, I would have absolutely no reply. It's just who you are, and I couldn't be more proud about that.  I'm trying really hard not to be biased, but it's hard not to when I know your one of the best guys out there. That Bachelors of Agronomy, Crop and Soil Science looks good on you and you definitely earned it. As you walked that stage tonight, I could see in your smile how silly you probably felt in that cap and gown, and how you tried to bypass the picture area. But in 20 years you will thank me for making you stop on those stairs so I could take two not very good pictures with my phone. Those pictures aren't much, but the knowledge you gained in the last four years will be a blessing as time goes on. You may have ruined my cutting boards with your research project, had me help you make a book of 50 different weeds, and brought home purple potatoes but now you have a degree to show for it. What a blessing that is for our little family too.

So CONGRATULATIONS!

You have held strong for four years and have built upon your foundation. You held tight to the rod. I have loved watching you fine tune your skills, become a leader, network with out fear, travel the distances, push your limits, and have faith in God. He knew all along that you would do great things, and here I am watching it all unfold. I must be one of the lucky ones too...because I have you. Geeze, you sure make me proud to say your my husband. I couldn't ask for a better man to teach Benson to work hard.
So here's to you.

I love you so dearly.
Sincerely, your proud wife.






No comments:

Post a Comment